It's time to think about 2012 racing! I've spent the past 12 months away from the challenge of 26.2. Sure I've done 5Ks, 10Ks and half marathons but I guess after 10 marathons there was something about 26.2 that I pulled me back in. It's a love/hate relationship but I have really missed the marathon. Here are a few things that I have missed:
- During training being able to say "I did 17 this morning".
- Doing my favorite 25 mile training route from the Columbus Running Company store in Dublin, Ohio to The Ohio State University and back.
- Starting a long run in the rain, transitioning to a beautiful sunny morning and finishing in the snow.
- Posting a run to my DailyMile training log then seeing how training is really supposed to be done by checking Chanthana's runs.
- And my favorite...Getting up at 4:45 am so I can get 10 in before work.
OK so I am back. After taking it easy the past few months I'm rested and re-energized. My first task was to pick a race. What marathon should I run? Easy choice...the Cleveland Marathon. I've run the half marathon once and the full marathon twice and Cleveland is where I set my marathon PR of 4:09:21 so of course this is where I picked.
After I decided to go north to the shore of Lake Erie for my next 26.2 mile adventure I was discussing my decision on Twitter with Anne, a fellow marathoner who is also planning to run Cleveland. I guess the good folks at the Cleveland Marathon were eavesdropping and asked both Anne and I to be "Official 2012 Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Bloggers" ~ Nice! There are some pretty cool bloggers writing for the marathon so I am honored to be included with them. This should be a fun experience.
I'll be working on my training plan over the next couple of weeks and building some base fitness (because right now I have none). Most importantly I'll be getting back into that good running groove.
Nice to be back.